Week 33 - January 23 - 29, 2014!
So after a roller coaster week last week in which I was daunted and depressed that I probably had eight full more weeks to become compoundingly less comfortable, this week I managed to put that behind me and tried to focus on enjoying Hannah's kicks and squirms and wiggles...and I had a very sudden, exciting realization. At some point during this week I excitingly turned to Daniel and said "hey, wait!! Babe, I just realized that we get our very own BABY out of this!!!"
The look on Daniel's face was priceless. And incredibly amused. And with a near smirk he smiled back and sweetly replied "yes dear, that's the point" - he wasn't physically close enough to me to pat my head...but if he had been that would have been included.
But seriously - I get a baby out of this?!? How awesome and exciting is that?!?! So that has been the focus of this week, which has kinda flown by. I have spent it cleaning and crafting and making more and more of my appointments (they never end...and getting a new puppy who needs a bazillion shots doesn't help). I hate laundry listing what we've been up to...but...the highlights -
*Chance got his second round of shots (he needed lyme and leptospirosis and bordatella since he is a) now a Maryland dog and b) needs to be able to be boarded while his mommy is in the hospital) and Holly got more puppy shots, a big healthy thumbs up, and confirmed she's been growing like a weed - in two weeks she went from 8.2 pounds to 10.2 pounds...think about that kind of a percentage increase in size! Holy cow! That's like the same ratio of what you gain while pregnant...except in only two weeks! I looked really worried and the vet shook her head and said "no, really, she looks great!" (Whew!)
*I had declared January the "month of Hannah" and finally let myself go craft project shopping and pick up what I needed for some projects for Hannah's room. I finished the mobile this week and absolutely love how it came out! I was skeptical at first, but am really proud of myself! (Pictures soon...I'm waiting to do a big "nursery reveal") I still have more to work on - but so far I'm really excited with how things are turning out!
*I finished clearing out the nursery which means two things - one, the nursery is ready to be filled and decorated and organized! and two, I have now unpacked/sorted through every single box in our house - we are officially "moved in" all the way! YAY!
*Daniel's mom - who is one part crazy and fifty parts super hero drove our crib and dresser up to us from Charlotte!!! Unbelievably sweet, unbelievably thoughtful, and OMG it is gorgeous! I am so so so excited! :) It was a super quick trip, but we really enjoyed getting to see her and getting to show her our new place.
 |
| The crib is here! Daniel's "thrilled" look may or may not have something to do with the fact that he had just lugged it up the first flight of stairs... |
*Saturday we went on a fancy shmancy date in DC - we did dinner at a swanky restaurant downtown and went to see the National Symphony perform at the Kennedy Center (one of Daniel's birthday presents) - but seriously - we had an awesome date and really enjoyed it! And now that Daniel has gotten to go once I think he is hooked and we've already been looking up what else they are playing this season. Super exciting to be so close to such an excellent symphony!
 |
| Heading out for our date night! |
*Sunday night we drove out to Falls Church, VA to visit our friends Tommy and Bonnie and enjoyed a dinner at their place, caught up, traded pregnancy stories, and continued getting excited - we're both having girls, just two and a half months apart! So fun!
*Tuesday I checked in with my chiropractor again and finally got to make it back to prenatal yoga (snow cancelled everything the previous week) so I went to sleep feeling pretty awesome. Wednesday morning I woke up and did a double take. I felt different and to me my belly seemed different...my belly button actually seemed lower and when I tried to take a deep inhale chest breath...I could! It may all be in my head (it's hard to tell from a picture...I tried), but I am 90% certain that Hannah dropped overnight so that when I woke up at 33 weeks 6 days...she was lower and I could actually breathe a bit more! (Which was pretty noticeable because in the past two weeks she was really started to crowd the lungs and at yoga that night I had practically burst out laughing at my inability to really take any long slow deep breaths). (As I am blogging from my 34th week I can confirm that I am now 99% sure that she dropped at least some as I have since had different pangs and twinges in lower places and am still enjoying the ability to get a nice big deep breath!) How exciting! She's now head down and I can feel her back and little bum and legs each day (which means she is currently positioned exactly where she should be...now if we can just get her to stay there!)
 |
| 33 Weeks! She's growing! |
*And then Wednesday night (in spite of the crappiest and most pathetically detail-less set of directions I have ever worked with) we assembled the crib and it is so so beautiful! I need to go out and get the dye free, perfume free (aka baby friendly) detergent so I can start washing the bedding and setting things up! Now that we have a dresser to put things in too, I can really work on starting to organize the room!
 |
| Dutifully assembling the crib...despite some truly terrible instructions... |
 |
| Isn't it beautiful!?! |
So overall? A great week! As I have spent time in the nursery I catch myself daydreaming more and more about spending time with our little girl and am increasingly excited to meet her! Still feeling pretty good - pretty tired, but again, I really can't complain. Reality checks? At 33 weeks my rings still fit, my shoes still fit, I have not yet acquired chipmunk cheeks, and the belly button is neither an innie nor an outie - we are currently at a state of stretched and flattened equilibrium. It hasn't technically outed itself just yet, although Daniel and I joke continuously that we are going to start betting on when Hannah will kick it out to make a little more room for herself in there. Making progress!
No comments:
Post a Comment