Pages

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

34 weeks - Feeling More Like the Stereotypical Pregnant Lady

Week 34 - January 30 - February 5, 2014

 

Countdown! Four weeks until I am "full term," six weeks to my due date!!!

 

This week I have officially slowed down. I would not say I have reached the point where I am so miserable I have declared myself done, but up until this point, even in the third trimester the I-feel-crummy-days were occasional and generally not consecutive...this week? Every day is an I-feel-crummy-day. I have a very positive, but very realistic, friend (aren't those the best kind?!) who had warned me that once you hit the third trimester you just feel run down every day. So as I weathered weeks 28, 29, 30, 31, etc and I would hit a run-down day I would think "here we go" thinking that is how I would feel from that point on. But then the next day I would feel a lot better! And then I reached week 34. Every day has been an I-feel-crummy-day. I woke up this morning and felt maybe 10% better than I had felt when I went to bed and equally as tired (even though it was one of the better nights of sleep I had had this week.) I think I had one or two "hey I feel pretty good days" the whole week.

Snuggling with my Holly

 

So...I'm achier, I'm more relentlessly exhausted, and miss Hannah is getting increasingly bigger (I had a friend who is equally as pregnant note that our babies are growing about an ounce a day right now...seriously?!?). The vacancy at the inn is quickly diminishing! Have I reached breaking point? Nope! But do I see the potential for that to happen in the next month or so? The potential is there...

 

Themes of the week? Crafting and pulling some things together for the nursery! It's not finished yet, but I've made some major progress on some of my projects and am excited about how everything is turning out! :-) I actually started washing her bedding and blankets - I jokingly told Daniel the washer and drier have never seen so much pink! Holly got her final round of shots (hooray!). And on the last day of week 34 I had another OB checkup and was given a thumbs up - Hannah's heartbeat is strong, I'm measuring to size, blood pressure was excellent - so grateful!!!

The weather has also made it trickier to get out...but we finally had a day where it hit a delightfully warm 30* and the puppies and I headed to the park! All that white? A snow covered frozen pond! It has been that chilly! Loving winter!

 

I had told myself that January was a go go go month and February was a month to take it slow. That's not exactly how things are turning out (I've need a few more weeks of errand running to wrap up some big projects), but it has been nice to be able to not feel too guilty this week and to take it a bit easier as I have suddenly felt much more easily fatigued than any week up to this point.

 

Laughable moment of the week? Napkins at dinner? I realized while at a restaurant that the answer for me is now why bother?! My belly now fills the space right up to a half inch of the table...so I might as well not bother to put a napkin in my lap because not only can I not easily access it, but my belly automatically blocks (catches) all food that could be headed for my lap. Hahaha. I couldn't help but laugh!

 

Reality check? Rings still fit, shoes still fit, no major chipmunk cheeks yet, only very minor incidents of heartburn, lower back gets tight sometimes but is doing great, overall I am still so grateful and excited about how well we are doing! Not too long until we will get to meet our little one!!!

34 weeks!
Daniel snuggling with our pups
I swear we did more this week than sit on the couch....but it's a time that makes for some really cute pics with our puppies...
Isn't she a cutie?
Pensive Chances
Classy Daniel playing Rockband with Meredith (one of our new Maryland friends). Thought some of our friends might chuckle at his new Rockband attire if they remember the infamous orange shorts he usually rocks out with...

 

No comments: