Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

From Week 6 to 7 - I took up Spinning!

Week 6 - July 16 - 24

First of all week 6 was a particularly long week...because it actually was 9 days long for me! When we went for the ultrasound I thought I was 6 weeks 1 day. In reality I was actually 5 weeks 6 days so I got to go through two days of week 6 again...(well, kind of, but it felt like it).This week I have had two challenges - one of them is just renewed as I am back to having the nom nom noms every 2-3 hours and have been crashing harder than ever if I don't eat accordingly. It's been major work to keep up!

And then challenge number two, the new pregnancy symptom and challenge - when I say I took up spinning...I didn't mean the cool cycling stuff, I meant that that my head took up spinning this week. It took me a few days to target what causes it...basically it is whenever I move! Laying down is best, but...I can't exactly do that all the time! It has definitely made the past few days interesting! One of the afternoons when I went to swim I felt so dizzy the entire time that I eventually gave up and stopped fifteen minutes early because I couldn't handle another minute of working out while feeling dizzy to the point I was borderline nauseous. One afternoon I stopped by Publix to check my blood pressure - yep - it was the lowest it has ever been. Not unhealthy low, but typical pregnant low and low compared to what I was used to.

Today I had my first big *shake my head at my pregnant self* moment. Okay, maybe not my first but the first string of smh events.

I met Daniel for lunch at the awesome Thai place near his work and finally enjoyed some of their awesome yellow curry first hand (it's seriously ridiculous!) After that I window shopped for a bit (finally stepped foot in an Ulta) and I managed to find some swimsuit options that would be more supportive for workouts (that was pretty much the first issue I ran into - I have an embarassing story about my workout swimsuit and a sports bra that we just won't go into) that were all on end of season clearance - perfect! I found some tankinis that fit but left room for my belly to grow and picked up a new pair of bottoms (cause mine were...embarassingly...decade plus old and the elastic was two seconds from crinkling).

From there I headed up I-95 to head to the gym and...needed to snack again. So I pulled out the slivered almonds and proceeded to choke so violently I nearly had to pull over and basically had a near death I-95 experience. Smh.

By the time I got to the gym, I tossed the new swimsuit into my gym bag from front seat to back seat and realized...holy cow I was so tired I didn't know if I could even attempt to workout. So, I set my timer for ten minutes, kept the AC running, and took a nap (using some of the shirts that were in the back seat to go to good will as a pillow)...only at that point I was quickly descending into a coma so I set the timer for ten again and turned the AC off...and even snoozed it for ten more.

So...after a thirty minute nap in my car in July in Florida (I know, I know...my car is super tinted though). I emerged bleary eyed, sweaty, but ready to attempt a workout. I headed in with my bag and went to change in the women's locker room only to discover that I only had half of my swimsuit in the bag. Sigh, I must have missed the bag when I tossed the clothes from front seat shopping bag to back seat gym bag? Oh well. I still had my regular unsupportive swimsuit and I sucked it up and managed to finally squeeze in a workout.

Once I finished up and drove home I took a moment to search the car for the missing, brand new, still had tags on them, swimsuit bottoms. They were nowhere. Really? I mean...with the exception of a box of tissues and my kill-a-man flashlight, my car is not a cluttered car - so it only takes a minute to determine nope, no swimsuit. I searched my gym bag thoroughly just in case. Nada.

I called the gym. "Hi, do you have a lost and found? Umm, well, I have a silly question...has anyone found any brand new, still have tags, never worn, black swimsuit bottoms?" Thankfully they didn't ask what size. Evidently someone had found them in the PARKING LOT and brought them in. (Deep, embarassed smh.) The lady said she was going to put them in a plastic bag with my name on it (awesome!) and I could pick them up the next time I come in.

I couldn't help but laugh at myself. Near choking, basically dropping my panties in the parking lot... I was officially a self-embarassing pregnant lady.

 

 

No comments: