Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

From week 4 to 5 - Beth - the Hungry Hungry Hippo...

Week 4 - July 2nd - July 8th

So this week my symptoms were no longer a question of am I maybe pregnant or just imagining things? My symptoms were instead happy confirmation that - oh my gosh - I really AM pregnant!!!


And I have definitely been feeling it! We have wanted this for a long time, so I do not want to be one of those people who just complains about everything - this may sound ridiculous - but it has been so exciting to have moments where I am suddenly so exhausted all I want to do is stop everything I am doing and lay down. When I feel crummy I get so excited - in my head I keep thinking - "Hooray! I feel really crappy - this is such a great sign that things are going well!" In fact when I have had days when I feel pretty good I actually get really nervous - "do I feel great because something is wrong and the hormones are tapering off?!"

Very early on I had about two days or so of pretty intense, very isolated cramps - which technically coincided with further implantion. Online I read comments from other women saying it felt like "a demon creature scratching and clawing its way into place"....but I couldn't help but to prefer to picture it as more like a cute little one nuzzling up and burrowing in for a long protective snuggle.

I've had a few other fun images come to mind...as I knew the cells were differentiating and specializing and dividing up into several different roles and everything is newly under construction. I couldn't help but to conjure up images that were a cross between the cartoon exploration of the body in The Magic School Bus and a cartoon construction site. "Hey, keep the folic acid coming over here please," "we need to route the oxygen line through here." It makes me smile every time.

A few highlights from our trip to the FL Keys...

World's Largest Key Lime Pie in Key West on the Fourth of July
And...it was pretty tasty too!
Enjoying the beautiful waters of Key West - the sun actually came out for a little while!
Parasailing! Daniel, Beth, and Baby Hals! (We have used this company before and it is very very smooth and gentle)
 
Don't worry, I did actually skip the scuba diving, but despite all the crazy weather Daniel and Tom finally got in the water and had a great time!
Enjoying a dinner at Marker 88 with Tom (Daniel's cousin)
My favorite key lime pie in the world - made at Marker 88

 

No comments: