8 weeks - August 1 - 7
9 weeks - August 8 - 14
Every week feels like such a monumental step towards growing our baby! Every week puts us that much closer! Some big things...
At week 9 Baby Hals graduated from embryo to fetus! (Properly pronounced in my head as feeh-tus!). He/she also outgrew his/her tail! He/she is wiggling around now. And...since the Fourth of July the baby has grown from poppy seed to a large grape! Very sweet!!!
Highlights or funny (ish) stories from the past two weeks -
The possibility of sad things happening risk is down to 2%!
I have a bump! To an unsuspecting person I probably look like I just need to lose a few pounds...but...to a trained eye...it is most definitely a bump!!! Daniel declared it official on Sunday or Monday night (at about 8.5 weeks) when he walked into the kitchen to give me a kiss and put his hand on my waist and was like "Woah!" I've been so excited!
![]() |
| 9 Weeks 1 Day! |
The other funny incident was the day I have jokingly called "my day of rest." Last Saturday. I seriously slept in until 10 or 10:30 because I was so so very tired. I woke up and did a few things around the house - got lunch for Daniel to enjoy after his fifteen mile run (which - to brag for him he finished in 2 hours and 15 minutes!)...by 1 o'clock I was so exhausted I didn't know how to go on and laid down on the couch and...woke up three hours later. Haha. Daniel watched an entire movie in the same room while I slept - explosions and gunshots and everything and said Chance and I both only stirred during this one ridiculously massive explosion scene. I woke up - you guessed it - tired! We went to our friends for dinner that evening and while our friend was cooking I napped for another hour or so. Yep. I was in special (very tired) form.
I would say at this point my only worth complaining about pregnancy frustration is in my attempts to work out. First of all, working out is a challenge to time around my ridiculous need for food. If I try to work out without enough food in my system I end up a shaky nauseous mess. If I eat and try to work out right away my tummy isn't settled enough. So it's this difficult balance between consuming enough fuel so I have enough and waiting long enough that the fuel doesn't resurface....but not so long that I am running low on fuel. On top of that - workouts usually make me feel energized or refreshed. I may feel tired, but it is a content tired. I have scaled my workouts back - but even still the last time I swam I felt sick afterwards and so exhausted I could barely move for hours and hours. And I felt so exhausted it made me feel all super sad and depressed. (really? workouts make me happy...) :( I only swam slowly for thirty minutes - seriously? (Pre-pregnancy a swim workout was moderate to high pace for anywhere between 45-75 minutes). So...that's my complaint so far. When I thought back to some of my other workouts I realize that one of the other times I was swimming I felt gaggy in the water and struggled to finish...one of the other times was during the week I was super dizzy. Boo...I am totally willing to modify my workouts - but I still want to get to enjoy them! Maybe second trimester? Almost there!
And a fun highlight! This week I met up with one of my former students, Alexis, got to hear about her first year of college, and enjoyed brainstorming with her about her upcoming summer abroad in Innsbruck. And then I followed it up with a visit to see Amanda and Mitch's adorable newborn, Shea! What a cutie! It was great to see how happy they both are (exhausted of course, but happy!) And they sent me home with Baby Hals' first toy! (Which happened to be at the VERY top of my personal wishlist) - a Sophie the Giraffe set (the unbelievably adorable giraffe...that honestly, I almost bought online the day I found out I was pregnant)! YAY! :) Somehow that just made everything seem that much more real and official!
![]() |
| Is this seriously not the cutest baby toy you have ever seen?! I don't know what it is about this toy - but EVERY single time I have seen it in a baby picture,...omgoodness! Cuteness! :) |




1 comment:
Baby Hals is taking after his/her aunt... already collecting giraffe toys!
Post a Comment