Last week the little one grew from poppy to apple seed and this week has been growing into a sweet pea sized tadpole shaped cutie with little nubbins! Aww - what an adorable cutie-blob! :)
So this week the insatiable appetite has waned (well it waned for three or four days) but the fatigue has kicked in with full force! Daniel has been joking that I am a giving Chance a run for his money and may very well be out napping our pup! (Who has always been quite the napper).
Highlights from the week -
So this week the insatiable appetite has waned (well it waned for three or four days) but the fatigue has kicked in with full force! Daniel has been joking that I am a giving Chance a run for his money and may very well be out napping our pup! (Who has always been quite the napper).
Highlights from the week -
- I swam three miles in six days this week!
- We told our friends!
- Daniel got to tell Ryan at lunch the Monday we got back from the Keys
- We had Chris over for dinner on Monday night and had a particularly fun time watching his face as he watched the video we had made and was like - is this for real? Seriously?!? His excitement was very fun!
- My attempts to tell Becky were...thwarted quite a few times, but in the end I finally got to surprise her with the news on Thursday night and the Becky squeals and hugs definitely did not disappoint!
- We got to tell Brie and Thomas later on that night wen they showed up and at some point in the evening the guys got into a raucous game of "the worst name ever for Baby Hals would be..."
- Telling our friends definitely made it that much more real!
- My first appointment! - Monday, July 15th!
- And the last major event - an appointment with my midwife that was my first appointment...although according to official doctor's office/insurance mumbo jumbo this appointment was my confirmation appointment which will be followed in a month by my first appointment. Really? Sigh. Yes, really.
- I got to the appointment, peed in a cup, and waited to be seen. When they took me back and did basic vitals, they were like - okay! Those are all the tests we are doing today (and in my head I was like what?! we're not doing bloodwork? or better yet an ultrasound?)
- My midwife walked in and said "congratulations! Based on your urine test you are pregnant!" (Okay, now I feel really bad...because for months I have been hoping and hoping for that to be true...and here I was thinking "seriously?! I am paying for an appointment in which you tell me what I already know?!"
- We discussed vitamins (check), what not to eat (check), risk factors (Rh negative), etc.
- Usually they date your pregnancy based on your last cycle, but since mine are longer than normal I knew that wouldn't work, but I wasn't 100% sure how far along I was either. The midwife checked the size of my uterus and decided I was measuring "insufficient growth" (aka I was not as far along as my last cycle suggested...this is what expected so was totally fine, but...justifies an ultrasound to the insurance company!)
- I left the appointment a bit frustrated to have (WAY) less information than I had hoped for, but I made the call to set up the ultrasound and tried to just embrace the fact that at 2 pm on Wednesday I was going to FOR SURE have more information about whether or not Baby Hals was okay!
No comments:
Post a Comment