Less than 80 hours after returning from Greece and Turkey, Daniel and I were again on the way to the airport...this time to send me on my way for a fellowship I have with the China Institute this summer. I spent Wednesday and Thursday catching up with a friend I have known since kindergarten and visiting with family. And I really enjoyed taking a walk around the neighborhood where my grandparents live. After that I was off to Newark for my pre-trip orientation and have been swept into a whirlwind of meetings and activities to get us off to the right start. It has been fun, but I am really excited to fly on to China tomorrow morning!!
![]() |
| Don't they look so happy together? |
![]() |
| Claypit Creek from our beloved Blue Bridge in Locust, NJ |
![]() |
| All Saints Church...I still just love this church! |
![]() |
| Blue Bridge from the Claypit Creek extension of Hawshorne Woods |
![]() |
| the path to the dock |
![]() |
| we visited the China Institute at NYC today |
![]() |
| This zodiacs are an installation by the Chinese contemporary artists Ai Wei Wei - look him up, it's a fascinating story! |
![]() |
| Taking a picture with my trusty rat...it means I am clever and intelligent... I guess I will go with it... |
![]() |
| Add caption |
![]() |
| I heard a guide gathering people for a "Sex and the City Tour"..these where the girls congregating |
![]() |
| Meet the 2011 China Institute Summer Scholars (minus Caitlin) |
![]() |
| Columbus Park in Chinatown |
![]() |
| Enjoying my peach bubble tea (green tea + peach flavor + tapioca) |
![]() |
| Pell Street |
![]() |
| Yum! |
![]() |
| digging in and giving the lazy susan a whirl |

















No comments:
Post a Comment