Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Continuing to Enjoy Beijing!

Well, it has been another full day! And I will just continue to be behind…while steadily moving forward…

My Forbidden City, Nat’l Museum, and Tiananmen album is below. The day after that we spent the better portion of the day enjoying an insightful lecture from Professor Ren and began mapping out our lesson plan projects. And! I survived the Night Market of snakes, starfish, sea horses, scorpions, silk worms, sea urchins, bubbling drinks, fried banana dough, and mystery fruit, and seem to have escape unscathed! (Although I was starving last night because I really didn’t eat much of those things…) Today, we spent the day visiting 798 - Beijing's emerging and blossoming contemporary art district, had a delicious lunch, and visited a Buddhist temple and the Confucian temple for the Yuan, Ming and Qing dynasties, and had an amazing vegetarian dinner (I am in LOVE with lychee)...and then we went to an English bookstore to hear from the author of "When a Billion Chinese Jump" - it was really an amazing day and one that I certainly have more information and photographs about for all of you later.

Tomorrow we are off to the International World History Association Conference for a very full day!

Click on the image below to see all the images in the album!

Day 5 - Forbidden City and Tiananmen JPGS

No comments: