After a harried exit from our home, we set off for the airport Monday afternoon. We snagged dinner, breezed through security and arrived at the gate without problem. Our flight to LA stunk. It was about five hours long and when Daniel asked me for the third time why we weren’t flying Jet Blue, was I sure it wasn’t an option? Did I realize that he thinks the extra money for a Jet Blue flight is worth it? Will I remember in the future that he really likes flying Jet Blue? Etc…. I got the hint. The United seats were too narrow and too close together and he wasn’t happy. But we survived.
We also agreed unanimously that since we were both so exhausted heading into the vacation, we were really relieved that we weren’t stepping off a five hour plane and onto a fourteen hour one in straight succession.
It was really wonderful to catch up with my Aunt Betsy and to see family. We also realized that we think Giant Schnauzers are really cute, fun dogs (although the dribbling beard is a little gross). The weather was absolutely perfect – great temperature, crystal clear skies, beautiful view of Catalina Island, just perfect. It had been ten years since my last visit to San Pedro, but it did not disappoint – it was even more beautiful than I remembered.
Daniel did not adjust to the time change as easily as I did (I stayed on mountain time through the week after my AP reading in Colorado) and he was up and ready to go hours before I was – but he and Aunt Betsy made a quick trip to the corner store and then once I was up and showered we strolled through the park across the street and hiked up to the Korean Friendship Bell so we could enjoy the fantastic view of the water and Catalina Island.
We enjoyed lunch down at the LA harbor with margaritas and Mexican food, took a scenic drive to the glass chapel and through a neighborhood heavily populated with peacocks – and discovered that baby peacocks are very fluffy and cute, and finished the afternoon off catching up over tea.
We were sad to leave and that it was a short visit, but very glad we had decided to spend a day with the Denharts! We had a great visit!
No comments:
Post a Comment