Okay, so I know I am horribly behind so far, but the trip has been very quick paced and it has been difficult to extricate myself from the present to thoroughly reflect and explain what I have been experiencing. We are all on overload. I am determined to finish the blog, but it will probably be officially finished once I am in the states again.
To update you on where I am... :)
We flew to Israel on Monday (the 14th) and had a really nice flight (that was guarded by Israeli military armed with automatic weapons). We drove from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem and spent our evening crashing in the hotel. We did a city tour of the classic stuff, I put a prayer in at the Western Wall!!!, and we spent the afternoon touring Yad Vashem and our evening viewing the Dead Sea Scrolls. A very busy, but really amazing day.
Since then we have spent two full days taking classes at the International Education Center at Yad Vashem and spent this morning driving North to Nahariya via Haifa (where we stopped for pictures). We spent the afternoon at the Ghetto Fighters House - which is officially the first Holocaust Museum in the world back in 1949. Very cool stuff - this is the more reflective and laid back part of our trip - we are ten minutes walking from the Mediterranean and just a few miles from the Lebanon border.
All is well! This has been an amazing journey and I have learned a tremendous amount - I can't wait to share it with all of you back home!
I promise more blogs are coming...I'm working on it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment