We couldn't help ourselves! (We did make it to Christmas!) But we were very thrilled to unveil to our families today that our sweet Lil' Miss 2.0 shall be named:
I don't even know exactly where to begin in terms of where this name came from for us...except that I have always loved the name Lily. In fact years ago, when Kristina, Kristi, and I were sitting around in our home in Rockledge, FL chatting about when we wanted to have kids/favorite names/basically the most stereotypically girly conversation we have ever had...Lily was the name I identified as one of my all time top favorite girl names. When we were expecting Hannah it had made the list, but not even the short list...I guess it just didn't feel right at the time.
This time, while pregnant with 2.0, before we knew gender, the few times I managed to try to get Daniel to indulge me and chat about names, we once again couldn't even come close to finding an agreeable boys name. But the one name he mentioned to me, weeks before we knew 2.0 was a girl, was the name Lily. He said something along the lines of "we could always use the name Lily this time"...which immediately struck me...and he promptly forgot. Classic Daniel. From that point on I couldn't consider any name other than Lily if she was a girl... (and he didn't even remember mentioning it!)
When we found out 2.0 was in fact Miss 2.0, Daniel again had to rush off to work and I had the day to play with names in my head, but continually circled back to Lily! Later on that evening we chatted about it and I said that I really loved the name he had suggested and he just looked at me absolutely dumbfounded. Sigh. But luckily, he did still really like the name Lily!
Hannah and Lily are the only two girls names Daniel has ever identified that he likes.
We have since tossed around many different middle names, but have ultimately chosen (and LOVE):
Daniel's favorite variation of this is Lily Kate! We went with the traditional spelling of both Lily and Katherine, I have always preferred Katherine be spelled with a K, and while we think Lily Kate is adorable, having a full traditional name gives her plenty of long term dignified/formal/not-too-cutesy options.
We had a lot of fun sharing the name with our families and friends through phone calls, FaceTime, and texts today. Excited to share and even more excited to eventually meet our sweet Lily! :)
I don't even know exactly where to begin in terms of where this name came from for us...except that I have always loved the name Lily. In fact years ago, when Kristina, Kristi, and I were sitting around in our home in Rockledge, FL chatting about when we wanted to have kids/favorite names/basically the most stereotypically girly conversation we have ever had...Lily was the name I identified as one of my all time top favorite girl names. When we were expecting Hannah it had made the list, but not even the short list...I guess it just didn't feel right at the time.
This time, while pregnant with 2.0, before we knew gender, the few times I managed to try to get Daniel to indulge me and chat about names, we once again couldn't even come close to finding an agreeable boys name. But the one name he mentioned to me, weeks before we knew 2.0 was a girl, was the name Lily. He said something along the lines of "we could always use the name Lily this time"...which immediately struck me...and he promptly forgot. Classic Daniel. From that point on I couldn't consider any name other than Lily if she was a girl... (and he didn't even remember mentioning it!)
When we found out 2.0 was in fact Miss 2.0, Daniel again had to rush off to work and I had the day to play with names in my head, but continually circled back to Lily! Later on that evening we chatted about it and I said that I really loved the name he had suggested and he just looked at me absolutely dumbfounded. Sigh. But luckily, he did still really like the name Lily!
Hannah and Lily are the only two girls names Daniel has ever identified that he likes.
We have since tossed around many different middle names, but have ultimately chosen (and LOVE):
Daniel's favorite variation of this is Lily Kate! We went with the traditional spelling of both Lily and Katherine, I have always preferred Katherine be spelled with a K, and while we think Lily Kate is adorable, having a full traditional name gives her plenty of long term dignified/formal/not-too-cutesy options.
We had a lot of fun sharing the name with our families and friends through phone calls, FaceTime, and texts today. Excited to share and even more excited to eventually meet our sweet Lily! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment