10 weeks - August 15 - 21
So...ever since 9.5 weeks I feel like I have turned a corner - still not one hundred percent - but certainly better than I have been feeling! The hunger? Still most definitely an issue. And food doesn't really sound good, but I do keep eating it. ...But otherwise the past few days have been a pleasant surprise.
This is probably the most hodge podge entry ever...but here's some highlights from week 10...
This week I found more maternity pants - which are awesome by the way. Did you know they make yoga pants with the expansion tummy panel? WIN! I finally acquired a second pair of jeans and have one pair of black convertible cargo capris/pants - I officially have enough pairs of pants to be able to do laundry once a week and to not rubberband my clothes together to go out in public. HUGE victory for me! By the way, if you are one of the people trying to stretch your wardrobe for as long as possible all I can say is why torture yourself?! I fought it for a few weeks, but once I caved...ahhh, so much more comfortable! It wasn't that my pants didn't still buckle (in fact my smallest pre-pregnancy pants still button...it's just a terribly uncomfortable idea).
I also met with some of my colleagues for happy hour. It was fun to see them, I secretly gloated inside when they all talked about how tired/rough the first week of school had been (I don't miss the sore throat!), and breaking the news to them was a lot of fun! Exciting!
After that I met with the lovely Rosemary Laird - a parent of several of my favorite former AP students - for a delightful dinner at River Rocks and worked hard to absorb every bit of sage parental advice I could from her. I have known the Lairds for three years now and have only become increasingly amazed by the children, the parents, and the whole fun, precious family and tonight was no different! The Laird family kick-started Baby Hals' baby book collection! Each member of the Laird family (all four children and each parent) picked out their favorite baby book and signed it with a note! It was just the sweetest present!!!
![]() |
| A wonderful, thoughtful gift from the Laird family! Baby books for Baby Hals! :) |
This week I have also visited the Kennedy Space Center...twice! Once with my friends and Daniel to see the new Atlantis exhibit and once with a dear friend and colleague I knew from the Korea fellowship. He and his wife Rachel were in town, so we enjoyed a nice lunch on the river and then thoroughly enjoyed exploring the space center - they were equally inspired and amazed by the exhibit!
![]() |
| Catching up with Mark Quinones at River Rocks and enjoying a breezy summery meal along the river |
![]() |
| Mark and Rachel looking to the stars... |
![]() |
| the Atlantis in all her glory - quite a beauty! |
This is the kind of silliness that goes on in the evenings...
![]() |
| Okay, so totally cheesy...but it's this kind of stuff that makes me want more than one kid. To me there is something heartwarming about sibling antics... |
As for cravings/aversions during week 10? Chicken is still hit or miss and Daniel has dutifully taken on the task of prepping/cooking the chicken part of dinner when applicable. (He's a keeper!). Cravings? Orange juice, orange juice, orange juice, orange juice! It is just SO good!
And week 10 positive? Today I swam at the gym and really enjoyed it! It ended with me feeling happy and contently tired, not beyond exhausted. In fact - before the gym I loaded the car with stuff for good will, paid the bills, moved all of my classroom boxes into my closet so if we are goign to sell the house we can show the room, did a load of laundry, worked out and then came home to cook dinner, fold laundry, cleaned the kitchen, walked the dog, what?! I know! I really am feeling a lot better than I have been!






No comments:
Post a Comment