Pages

Friday, June 24, 2016

Our 10th Wedding Anniversary!

Ten years ago, with confidence and conviction, I vowed to love, honor, and cherish my husband, Daniel.

It's been a decade of working hard, playing hard, and falling more and more deeply and complexly in love with my husband, my teammate, my rock, my fellow adventurer, and the father of our two beautiful children. 

Instead of pulling a garter from my skirt, Daniel pulled a pair of XXXXL granny panties from the sleeve of his jacket...from day one he has always kept me guessing, but most importantly - laughing! 


We've laughed and laughed and laughed, occasionally cried, fought from time to time, learned a tremendous amount and both have become infinitely more patient and continually strive to communicate more than we ever thought anyone would need to communicate.  

And I am so so so deeply thankful and grateful for all of it.  Not a day goes by that I don't appreciate the multitude of blessings in my life.  

We've had some absolutely amazing anniversaries together, (see below), and we have spent the past ten years traveling the world.  

The Florida Keys 2007


Split, Croatia 2008
Diving in the Great Barrier Reef, 2009
Breakfast on our balcony, dive resort in Yap, Micronesia, 2010
Sunrise hot air balloon ride over Cappadocia, 2011
Parasailing in Key West, 2012
Our balcony in Santorini, Greece - our favorite vacation destination in the world, 2013
Hannah, three months, in Mostar, Bosnia-Herzegovina, 2014
Yukon provide of Canada, Alaskan cruise, 2015
But there's something incredibly special about where we are today too as we wake up in a home we are so excited to have bought in March, amidst the beautiful woods, in a state whose climate suits us do much more. We are nuzzling our sweet, snuggly girls awake and getting ready to go out to jobs that we both really love.  And we are all looking forward to coming back together in the afternoon to hang out as a family and spend the weekend together.  It is simple, but in many ways might be my favorite anniversary yet.  Our wedding favor was a CD that we thematically called "The Best is Yet to Come" and featured Ella Fitzgerald's rendition of the song...and as much as I absolutely cherished and treasured the past decade, I'm incredibly excited about this next one too and all of the adventures it holds for us!  Here's to enjoying what is yet to come and spending the next decade taking our girls by the hand and showing them the world!



I wrote this entry last night with the intention of adding the photos early this morning.  When I woke up, Daniel had a note on the counter, with these pictures selected, and pretty much the exact same message, ending with this photo and this caption:  "All that must be leading up to an exciting 10th Anniversary, right?  Well, we may not be traveling anywhere exotic, but there's no where else I'd rather be!"  It was absolutely perfect.  
Our two beautiful girls!

Our beautiful family of four, 2016




No comments: