Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Hannah @ 18 Months


At 18 months Hannah is sweet, enthusiastic, and adorable!  It's been a busy month and I'm posting this late - so here are the cliff notes/highlights I have been jotting down through the month:  

  • Bedtime routines have improved dramatically.  Now we can consistently have bath time, Showers! We put on pi's, we snuggle (and nurse) and then I tuck her into bed, while she is still awake and she snuggles up with her blankets and stuffed animals and pillow and goes to sleep.  She was SO happy when I gave her a pillow (she had been balling up a blanket under her head, so it was time).  

  • She is increasingly communicative, even if it isn't always by many spoken words.

  • She screams when she is frustrated.  It is annoying.  I would love to say it's cute, but ugggh.  I would love if she would just ask for help.  We're working on it.  (I wrote that as we hit eighteen months), as we near 20 months I can say that we have had significant improvement, but it is still a habit modification in progress.  
  • She makes little, short sounds for "please" when prompted, "CH" for Chance, and "Haa" for Holly.  She can now say Mama distinctly.  
  • She snuggles by resting her head on my shoulder when she's tired or doesn't feel well and sweetly surrenders into my shoulder and neck - I have wanted that for so long, but she was just too willful/strong/busy to every snuggle in.  I love that part.  
  • Yesterday evening was total cuteness!  We were playing in her playroom and she picked up a toy tiger, pointed it towards me and wiggled it at me saying "grrrrrrrrr!  grrrrrrrr!"  and smiling at me. 

  • I can leave without her bursting into tears!  Woohoo!  Many mornings I leave while Hannah is watching Sesame Street, as she drinks her milk and noms on her cereal.  I can say goodbye and wave as I slink out the door and she gives me a chill, nodding a "peace out mommy" kind of nod.  Today...she was not distracted and when she saw me grabbing my purse came running around to where I put my shoes on and stood there (I nervously thought, oh crap, she's going to cry and it's going to be a messy exit today).  She looked me up and down, cocked her head and said "Bye!" (first time I had heard her say it!!) and then blew me a kiss!  *OMG talk about a heart melter!!!! What a triumphant morning goodbye!  I was even able to give her a kiss and then leave with a child happily, contentedly waving goodbye, no tears!*  
She loves...
  • Sesame Street!!!  Particularly Abby's Flying Fairy School (uggh) and Elmo's World (Daniel's uggh).  We have a love hate relationship with Sesame Street...but this month as we have battled hand foot and mouth disease and the start of the school year...we LOVE Sesame Street!  
  • to play with crayons and scribble on things, she particularly loves pens. 
  • to put things in "order"
  • her farm and the animals in it...if I start singing "old McHannah had a farm..." She runs for it and holds up each animal.  
  • her puppies, they continue to become closer than ever!  Holly plays a wake up game and pokes her nose or paw through different spaces in the crib!  And Hannah often summons Chance from the top of the stairs, callling his name.  It's adorable.  She has also taken to trying to hug them each more.  
  • Climbing!!  She loves to scale the couch and climb on the window sill.  We're working on it - but she's very fast.
  • Loves to feed her dogs, if you ask her if she wants to help feed them she gasps and wiggles with excitement.  
  • To throw birdseed (outside) and continually begs to go outside to scatter it,  
  • To play the matching game that her Aunt Mary-Michele brought her from France.  It has four cards, one for each season that each have four pictures on them.  She likes to take the little circular pieces that have a picture on them and match them to the cards - and can do so quite quickly.  
Top Words - 
shower, Holly, Ch for Chance, balloon, hot, down, mama, dada, thank you, please, that, yes, hi, bye, this, shoes, socks, cereal, Kix, more, all done,  bubbles balloon butterfly, uhoh,
Sounds animals make - lion, snake, bear, tiger, seal, cat, dog, elephant, monkey, camel,
mimics - fish, crabs, hippos, koala, kangaroo, frog, penguin, parent,

Favorite Songs - Old McHannah Had a Farm, the Itsy Bitsy Spider, and the Wheels on the Bus, Row Your Boat, and Barney's "I Love you, you love me" song (No, we do NOT watch Barney...but daycare sings that song and she loves it).

No comments: