Pages

Monday, March 16, 2015

Happy 1st Birthday Hannah!

I have several different things I have been working on, but none of them are finished or polished up just yet...and somehow I just had to say something for today.

My baby is a little human now!  A tall, lean, never-stops-moving little person who exclaims "DAT" and authoritatively and demandingly points at what she wants and vehemently shakes her head when we misunderstand.  She is still obsessed with books and has taken her first steps in the past week and a half and is so, so, heart meltingly excited with herself and triumphant when she does.  The second you offer her your finger/hand she walks deftly and if you offer a finger for each hand she runs.  She can adeptly climb stairs...and unbeknownst to me taught herself to climb down them.  When she drops things, she endearingly says "Uh uh" instead of "Uh oh" because she hasn't figured out how to say "oh".
Happy First Birthday Hannah!

And the laughter.  Oh my goodness the laughter.  It has filled our house with smiles and warmth and love...and I love the musical sound of her laughter.

I love her cheeks.  Her warm, still deliciously squishy and nommable baby cheeks that are just the absolute best.  They make adorable dimples and fierce pouts...but are the most delightful snuggle too!

She is starting to rest her head on us on occasion and is snugglier than she once was...if that's even possible and she demands to climb into Daniel's lap to give him a hug.  So awesome.



I knew it would fly...but the speed at which this year passed is dizzying and absurd.  But I don't want to be sad today, I was to just enjoy the fact that my heart is full.  Full of love for the way my husband plays with my daughter, the way Hannah's entire body shakes with laughter when we all play "catch me if you can" together, and the way she giggles with delight when Holly takes a toy from her extended hand.  And the way she asks "please" with her hands when she sees me and wants snuggles...the way she scoots books across the floor for me to read with her...and the way she feels when she falls asleep in my arms.  Full of love, laughter, and huge hopes for my beautiful, sweet little Hannah.


Dear sweet Hannah, we love you so very much.  I have cherished the honor and privilege of being chosen to be your mom and am so so so very excited about the adventures we all have ahead!

And dear sweet Daniel - I love you more than I did the day Hannah was born.  I have loved watching you grow into the daddy that I knew you could be and cannot begin to describe how much I love seeing the way Hannah adores you.  But as for Team Hals?  We're utterly exhausted, we're tired of hearing "it gets easier," and we are incredibly good at making each other laugh.  We not only survived our first year as parents - I honestly think we rocked it.  Three cheers for Team Hals!  It's time to celebrate!



No comments: