26 weeks - December 5 - 11, 2013
So at 26 weeks Baby Hals cranked things up a notch and started rocking out so hard I could actually see my belly move on the outside! I have a sassy one! I feel like ever since 24 weeks the pregnancy dial turned up just a bit and for the past few weeks I have been a little less comfortable, a little more tired, have had the round ligament pains and pangs, and feel just a little more pregnant. I still really can't complain, it just feels like the pregnancy dial cranked up a notch again. I really still feel quite good and am staying busy, but I have noticed a shift over the past few weeks.
Other highlights this week? I got to partake in a DC cupcake tasting party (okay it was a gathering) with Kristina and Whitney...and yummy! We specifically chose to fit it in before my glucose test in case I was later banned from cupcake greatness. The cupcakes were beautiful and delicious and mmmm, what fun!
We also had snow! And enough snow to get a decent ground covering! It was really beautiful and was Chance's first snowfall! We found that both Chance and Holly love the snow! Chance loved to slide in it while trying to catch ropes and Holly loves to pounce and bound and prance her way through it. Both were really happy!
I also started seeing a prenatal chiropractor this week...it has been on my list to find one for the past month...I had reached the point where things were just feeling increasingly out of line, but I finally found a well recommended one and managed to get an appointment. I was really hopeful about the appointment and really liked her! The biggest thing? After having a pretty intense round ligament attack almost every night around dinner time for several weeks I made it from Tuesday to Saturday night before I had another one! I didn't realize the difference until a few days after Tuesday when it occurred to me I wasn't coping with the onset each night. Hooray!
Wednesday I had an morning appointment for my monthly checkup and to do the glucose test. I had gotten up early and had a big sugar free, protein full breakfast (scrambled eggs with cheese). They gave me the 50 grams of sugar solution almost immediately and gave me five minutes to drink it, not a problem except that it was really cold and I have a really hard time drinking anything cold quickly (my mouth seems to be really sensitive to too hot or too cold...always has been...I am not a huge fan of ice in my drinks and Daniel can drink something hot that I will burn my tongue on with no problem). Then I continued on with the rest of my appointment. I am in the process of getting to rotate through the different doctors in the practice. When I weighed in I had gained exactly four pounds in four weeks. (Which is what the doctor at my last checkup had told me to shoot for). Right on track! I was really pleased with myself! ...Only...this doctor was obsessed with the idea that all healthy women should not gain more than twenty-five pounds total (even though my overall gain if I kept the pound a week thing going would be between the twenty-five to thirty-five pound range). It was incredibly frustrating because she didn't give me any recommendations or solutions to this 25 pound limit just told me that I would be warned every time I came in from now on. What was the point of this? Why not look at how much I gained in the past four weeks and tell me if I should keep doing what I'm doing or if I should change things...with a recommendation on how to instead of an unfounded scolding that there will be more scoldings in my future... I was really frustrated and mad. I was in the recommended range, I had gained a recommended amount, I have been active, I have been eating a wide variety of nutritious meals, and my baby and I are both healthy. What else do you want?! What have I changed since that appointment? Nothing.
For after the glucose test, I had brought an apple, cheese, and crackers with me so I could try to stave off a full blown blood sugar crash and shoveled it all when I got to the car. Even so as I ran errands (just two...we realllly needed dog food for Chance) I felt dizzy and woozy when I was waiting in line. But I made it home and ate an early lunch and felt leaps and bounds better once I got a full meal. Now to just wait for the results!
And Holly? Doing great! My best description of her is sweet and spirited. She can be very snuggly and sweet but is also a puppy testing her boundaries. My favorite toys for her have all been from the kong line...she and Chance love playing with the pink puppy wubba toy. He will pick it up and squeak it at her and then play a gentle but playful game of tug and keep away. They're adorable together!! She also loves this three pack of "puppy toys" from pet stages....she loves every single one of them (but those are not Chance friendly toys). Other Holly developments? She sleeps through the night!!, is increasingly better on her leash, is house broken, and is really doing incredibly well! :-).
![]() |
| 26.5 weeks! |
So at 26 weeks Baby Hals cranked things up a notch and started rocking out so hard I could actually see my belly move on the outside! I have a sassy one! I feel like ever since 24 weeks the pregnancy dial turned up just a bit and for the past few weeks I have been a little less comfortable, a little more tired, have had the round ligament pains and pangs, and feel just a little more pregnant. I still really can't complain, it just feels like the pregnancy dial cranked up a notch again. I really still feel quite good and am staying busy, but I have noticed a shift over the past few weeks.
![]() |
| Snuggle time with my pups!!! |
Other highlights this week? I got to partake in a DC cupcake tasting party (okay it was a gathering) with Kristina and Whitney...and yummy! We specifically chose to fit it in before my glucose test in case I was later banned from cupcake greatness. The cupcakes were beautiful and delicious and mmmm, what fun!
We also had snow! And enough snow to get a decent ground covering! It was really beautiful and was Chance's first snowfall! We found that both Chance and Holly love the snow! Chance loved to slide in it while trying to catch ropes and Holly loves to pounce and bound and prance her way through it. Both were really happy!
![]() |
| First real snow! View from our dining room |
![]() |
| I love this picture!!! |
![]() |
| Chance looks realllly happy |
![]() |
| Ridiculously cute |
I also started seeing a prenatal chiropractor this week...it has been on my list to find one for the past month...I had reached the point where things were just feeling increasingly out of line, but I finally found a well recommended one and managed to get an appointment. I was really hopeful about the appointment and really liked her! The biggest thing? After having a pretty intense round ligament attack almost every night around dinner time for several weeks I made it from Tuesday to Saturday night before I had another one! I didn't realize the difference until a few days after Tuesday when it occurred to me I wasn't coping with the onset each night. Hooray!
Wednesday I had an morning appointment for my monthly checkup and to do the glucose test. I had gotten up early and had a big sugar free, protein full breakfast (scrambled eggs with cheese). They gave me the 50 grams of sugar solution almost immediately and gave me five minutes to drink it, not a problem except that it was really cold and I have a really hard time drinking anything cold quickly (my mouth seems to be really sensitive to too hot or too cold...always has been...I am not a huge fan of ice in my drinks and Daniel can drink something hot that I will burn my tongue on with no problem). Then I continued on with the rest of my appointment. I am in the process of getting to rotate through the different doctors in the practice. When I weighed in I had gained exactly four pounds in four weeks. (Which is what the doctor at my last checkup had told me to shoot for). Right on track! I was really pleased with myself! ...Only...this doctor was obsessed with the idea that all healthy women should not gain more than twenty-five pounds total (even though my overall gain if I kept the pound a week thing going would be between the twenty-five to thirty-five pound range). It was incredibly frustrating because she didn't give me any recommendations or solutions to this 25 pound limit just told me that I would be warned every time I came in from now on. What was the point of this? Why not look at how much I gained in the past four weeks and tell me if I should keep doing what I'm doing or if I should change things...with a recommendation on how to instead of an unfounded scolding that there will be more scoldings in my future... I was really frustrated and mad. I was in the recommended range, I had gained a recommended amount, I have been active, I have been eating a wide variety of nutritious meals, and my baby and I are both healthy. What else do you want?! What have I changed since that appointment? Nothing.
For after the glucose test, I had brought an apple, cheese, and crackers with me so I could try to stave off a full blown blood sugar crash and shoveled it all when I got to the car. Even so as I ran errands (just two...we realllly needed dog food for Chance) I felt dizzy and woozy when I was waiting in line. But I made it home and ate an early lunch and felt leaps and bounds better once I got a full meal. Now to just wait for the results!
![]() |
| Oh hai! |
And Holly? Doing great! My best description of her is sweet and spirited. She can be very snuggly and sweet but is also a puppy testing her boundaries. My favorite toys for her have all been from the kong line...she and Chance love playing with the pink puppy wubba toy. He will pick it up and squeak it at her and then play a gentle but playful game of tug and keep away. They're adorable together!! She also loves this three pack of "puppy toys" from pet stages....she loves every single one of them (but those are not Chance friendly toys). Other Holly developments? She sleeps through the night!!, is increasingly better on her leash, is house broken, and is really doing incredibly well! :-).
![]() |
| Thank goodness for kongs!!! |
![]() |
| Snuggle time!!! |
![]() |
| I woke up to find them like this!!! Chance immediately jumped up and ran away...I couldn't tell if he was embarrassed for being a softie or woke up and realized she had snuggled up... :) |













No comments:
Post a Comment