Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Week 18 - A Wedding and Moving In!

Week 18 - October 10-16, 2013
This week was another busy one! We made it down to Charlotte to see one of our dearest friends get married and enjoyed quite a weekend of festivities and after parties with Kate & Cj Huelsman! Chance was a hotel dog in Charlotte too and his hotel training was definitely apparent. We drove back to Maryland and returned to our hotel on Sunday night, finalized the lease and did a walk through of our new townhome rental on Monday evening, and I was at the townhome early Tuesday morning to act as "air traffic control" as the movers delivered all of our beloved things! Tuesday was an asbolutely grueling and exhausting day and I spent a great deal of it running up and down the stairs between the three stories of our new home, but I felt incredibly triumphant by the end of it! And, as our furniture was steadily delivered into the various rooms I was very relieved and excited that things fit the way I had hoped - I had not underenvisioned the size of the townhome - it was just right for our furniture and what we own. Yay! By the time Daniel got home there were very few things that needed to be done to make sure he would be able to get ready for work with ease the following morning. Oh and another relief or exciting thing? Daniel had fully trusted me and let me pick the townhome out site unseen - so Monday I was anxiously hoping he would see all of the positives that I saw... and he did! After another day or two he admitted how great a find it was. His commute is excellent as well!
Oh and Chance?! Couldn't be a happier dog! When I let him loose in the townhome it was like "he knew". He happily sprinted up and down the stars all day, checked out all the windows in the house, and spent the day laying in the sunshine (he didn't get much sunshine while in the hotel aside from walks) and surveying the movers work.
Baby Hals? Doing great! On the super busy days I haven't been able to feel him/her wiggle all that much, but then in the evenings when I sit down BH is back at it (or I am still enough that I can feel the wigglings). I am feeling really good and luckily full enough of the energy I need to pull off these crazy move-in days and our trip to Charlotte!
Here's some of the highlights - I am going to let the pictures speak for themselves -
Part of the Chapin crew with Mr. and Mrs. Huelsman!
 
Sporting my little bump!
 
 
Front of our new home! Two car garage baby!

 

basement area
backyard access behind the townhome - look at all that space for Chance!
back of our townhome
living room
dining room and kitchen
stairwell number 2 - heading up to the third story
master bedroom
nice size walk-in closet
four piece master ensuite with double sink!
Baby Hals' future bedroom!
Our possessions...all 8 cargo boxes
Chance sunning himself and monitoring the movers progress
 
yay! the dining room table fits!
living room - yay we got our awesome couches back!
master bedroom - furniture fit! whew!
classy dining the first night - tupperware lids double as decent plates in a pinch!
 
And there was a lot of this...I think that's the paper from three boxes.
Most random box ever. Bedroom slippers, cookbooks, IB profen, Chance toys, caulk gun, pyrex, tupperware, toothbrush holder, cake cutter from our wedding...seriously.
playing with paper - Chance is not so amused

 

it'll eat you alive!
that look in his eye...yep, this is a lot of work...

 

No comments: