We are off again for another exciting adventure! After my harrowing school year I spent the past week and a half in a decompression fog. I spent a lot of time snuggling with Chance and puttering around the house and some significant time running errands to prepare for this trip and my upcoming travel study program in China. Daniel has been working hard gearing up for customer meetings and several demos – which all conveniently ended last Friday, so he had a nice long weekend off and is extremely excited for this vacation. But as I have said – I have been in a fog. But! After I dropped Chance off to board at the vet’s office (and bawled my eyes out the whole way back home without him), packed the car with Daniel and left our car at the Marriott, took a shuttle to the airport and did our traditional pre-trip meal at Macaroni Grill…it wasn’t until we were on the first plane and I had gotten a nap that it really hit me… suddenly I was filled with energy, a renewed sense of excitement, and felt fully awake for the first time in weeks as I realized two wonderful things… one, I get to spend the next two weeks with my husband and have wonderful, blessed uninterrupted time with him and only him (lately we’re lucky to be in the same room, awake, for thirty consecutive minutes), and two, I am going to spend the majority of the next seven weeks doing the thing I love to do more than just about anything else – explore the world!
Flight 1 from MCO – JFK went well, JFK – Paris went fairly well as well. Daniel and I both managed to sleep until breakfast on the plane – not remotely good sleep…but sleep. Once in Paris we had to change terminals, but we have since enjoyed a yummy lunch of Red Bull/Parisian coffee, sandwiches on fresh bakery bread, and a fantastic pistachio macaron! Daniel was instantly a macaron fan. :-)
We board our flight to Heraklion, Crete quite soon and will finally be on the last leg of our journey – we lose another hour when we arrive in Greece, so it will be almost 9 pm. At that point I think vino and Greek salads will be in order!
….Get ready to hear from me for the next…seven weeks!!! YAY!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment