It's that time again! We are gearing up for another adventure! This time the Hals are headed to Yap, one of the Federated States of Micronesia, and then onto Palau. The focus of the trip? Enjoying the beautiful islands and diving! We are hoping to spend our time in Yap diving and kayaking and are then spending a week on a liveaboard boat with the Aggressor fleet in Palau.
We're really psyched! Yap is supposed to be home to the manta rays! Both are supposed to have some of the best diving in the world. :) Did I mention we're really excited?
After our trip Daniel is flying home and I am once again staying behind to participate in a teacher's program. I have been selected as a 2010 Korea Society Summer Fellow and will spend two and a half weeks in Korea (yes, the Southern half), attending lectures at Yonsei University, visiting historical sites in Seoul, and traveling the peninsula on a "field trip"! When I return, I will be constructing a model lesson plan and applying to present at a professional conference. I am also getting to visit my student and her family while I am in Seoul! An awesome opportunity all around!!!
That said...getting ready for this trip has been nuts. The dive trip has been pretty easy, we've checked our gear, arranged rentals for what we don't have, ordered a wet suit for me, since I don't "dive naked" like Daniel and really really hated the wetsuit I had to use in Australia because it fit me so horrendously, and we've arranged hotels and local transport. Pretty simple.
The Korea Fellowship Program has had me running in circles - I need gifts for the directors of the program, presents for fifty Korean students that I will be working with one of the days, monsoon gear, professional attire, semi-professional attire, a semi-formal dress, lots of capris, extra socks, and to top it off I have restrictions on what luggage I can bring. I'm also supposed to be reading six books, lesson planning, and thoroughly researching my trip. Yikes.
I'm exhausted and ready for a vacation! :)
We are probably going to be out of touch during the majority of our Yap and Palau trip - but never fear, I plan to back-blog our adventure... get it? :) And while in Korea I will do my best to keep everyone posted. I am actually keeping a slightly more formal blog for my students on a different website and may be sending you guys there/double posting.
Okay, back to work for me. Please wish us crystal clear waters, calm seas, and lots and lots of amazing fishies!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment